We are pleased to share the conference programme.
The conference will be underpinned by three key themes. These are evidence informed practice, instructional coaching, adaptive expertise. In preparation for the conference, we would like to invite you to read each of these 5-minute think pieces. There is one per theme. During the afternoon we will be offering a number of opportunities for you to question and engage with both the presenters and each other. This will be done via padlet. The think pieces will kick start these inter-actions and can be downloaded or read via the links below.
The following links enable you to find out more about:
Some questions to think about
- To what extent is Instructional Coaching an approach that can be used at all stages of a teacher’s development?
- How does instructional coaching compare with other models of coaching and/or mentoring?
- Is there a risk of instructional coaches favouring a ‘preferred style’ of teaching? And, if so, what are the potential implications?
- To what extent could mentors be at the forefront of wider CPD for all, and not just beginning and early career teachers?
- What do you understand by the term Instructional Coaching’?
We are looking forward to working with you during the afternoon.